Oil is the lifeblood of your vehicle. All of the internal parts of your engine require lubrication and can suffer costly engine damage if not maintained and changed. Dirty oil and oil filters prevent the oil to flow through the engine properly and puts less oil where it’s needed. Regular oil changes at the recommended intervals prevents sludge build up in the engine and keeps those parts with proper and required lubrication. Your car can be the second most expensive asset you own, second to your house, give it the best chance at giving you the most life out of the engine by changing your oil as recommended by the standards set by the oil and vehicle manufacturers. The recommended interval for oil changes ranges from 3,000 to 6,000 miles, depending on your oil choice.
- Visually inspect for pre-existing leaks, stripped plugs, or damage.
- Remove drain plug, replace if necessary.
- Perform basic safety inspection, including Tires, Wipers, Fluids,
- Top off fluids, except brake fluid.
- Replace engine oil and filter.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks in the system.